Friday, November 25, 2011

A Mother's Love


Our love story began with two lines. Two lines that made my heart throb incessantly. Two lines that made me scream from the top of my lungs. Two lines that I know will forever change my life. The moment I knew I am having a baby, I cried with so much happiness. I waited long-sufferingly for ages for an “answered prayer”. That very day I could say I was the happiest woman alive.



For the next nine months after receiving the good news, I tried my best to nurture and nourish the little angel inside my tummy. I obediently followed my OB’s orders and advice. My husband and I made sure that I eat healthy, drink milk, take all the necessary supplements and of course I bid goodbye to all stressors both physically and emotionally. I read books on pregnancy and child rearing. I did some research on Breastfeeding. I solicited advices from mommy friends. We had long days of classical music as well. Mozart, Beethoven… my little one surely enjoyed their masterpieces. I wanted to give her nothing but the best even when she’s still inside my tummy. I shopped like crazy and bought really good stuffs for her regardless of the price. Talking to her every day was also a must. I was exaggeratedly an excited mommy-to-be.



Motherhood indeed starts upon conception. My love for her began the moment I knew that a new life is stirring inside me. It grew stronger the moment I heard her tiny heartbeat for the very first time. Her playful kicks never fail to remind me that from that moment on I will never be alone for the rest of my life because I have her. Victoria was indeed heaven-sent.


Though I stopped working full time and had a part time job with Save the Children, I was, at the same time, taking a Masters Degree in Nursing. On weekends, I took my little one to class and she was very participative and active during class hours. She never stopped showing me off her kicking prowess all throughout a tedious session especially during Research and Statistics to keep me awake. I knew then I wasn’t only carrying a prima ballerina in the making but a genius as well.


February 07, 2011 (same as her daddy’s birthday) at exactly 5:43 in the afternoon via C-section, I finally met in person the baby girl who taught me how to really love wholeheartedly. In my entire life, I really never had an idea of what pure love is until the moment I look in my child’s eyes for the first time. Then and there I truly understood what unconditional love is.


They often say that “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born”.  True enough, motherhood is a life-changing experience for me.  It made me go through a bundle of firsts. For me being a mother means that my heart and my soul are no longer mine, I already surrendered it all to my daughter.

 To me, my daughter is one of the most beautiful miracles in life, one of the greatest joys I’ll ever have, and one of the reasons why there is a little extra sunshine, laughter and happiness in my world today.

       To my sweet Victoria, I still do not know what the future has in store for us but one thing is for sure, I’ll hold you tight as we walk in life. And together, we’ll paint this world sizzling HOT PINK! I love you.

2 comments: